Saturday, July 11, 2009

I never thought THIS e-mail would be worth reading.

I thought it had just slipped past the spam filter.

The title began with "Size Does Matter" and I slipped almost automatically into "check-delete-scrub eyes out with lye" mode, but as I was checking, I read the rest of the title.

"Size Does Matter. The Longest Novels"

Turns out it was just some site I'd ordered textbooks from sending me a list of weighty tomes to read.

And a good thing too, since I've just finished four (ridiculously good) thousand-page novels in the last month. I was considering re-reading this series that I own, but I've already read it twice.

Maybe I'll check out this one or this one out from the list at some point. And I have always wanted to read The Count of Monte Cristo and The Once and Future King too.

And maybe I'll get around to finally obtaining a library card so I can literally check them out ;)

But for now I'm going to read a much-shorter Terry Pratchett novel in a few hours and enjoy every minute of it! :)

1 comment:

English said...

You absolutely must get a library card. Hamilton has an amazing library system, easy on-line features, book delivered to your local library, they take requests...when I feel grumbly about rising property taxes, the HPL is one of the things I think about to keep things in perspective.
Also, I think the list should include Middlemarch.